Saturday, January 30, 2016

February 13, 2003

At work, Brad finished reading the kids Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone. P-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell turned out to be evil, and Snape was revealed to be protecting Harry. Then Dumbledore ate the earwax bean, Hagrid gave Harry the photos of Harry's parents, and Harry went home to the Dursleys for the summer.

(Isn't Quirrell a bit like Verbal in The Usual Suspects? It's always the one you least suspect who turns out to be Kizer Soze.) ....

After the library, I went to the post office and picked up the mail. Then I went to CVS. I got "Mr. Elingtin" some chocolate and a card for Valentine's Day. I also bought him some aspirin, which he's supposed to take every day. I could have spent money on a box of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings valentines, or some stickers, but I resisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment