Thursday, January 21, 2016

December 5, 2002

After work, I went to the library. I returned Annotated Fairy Tales and Trick or Treat. I got 3 supplementary Harry books. Two were written by J.K. Rowling: her thin Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, both written under wacky pseudonyms.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/47534.Gospel_According_to_Harry_Potter
The third was called The Gospel According to Harry Potter. It tells how Harry and his friends exemplify religious values. Some religious people want to ban or burn the books because of the association of witchcraft with evil. There's nothing sinister in the books, really. No more so than in The Wizard of Oz or The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe....

I also stopped at Meijer...Other stuff I almost bought at Meijer included a book of "background" myths and folklore for Harry Potter (not authorized by J.K. Rowling)....

It was about 5 when I got home. I don't remember much about what he did next. But I probably began reading Quidditch Through the Ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment