Monday, February 1, 2016

Saturday, Oct. 20, 2007

Today is the 67th birthday of the poet (and former US poet laureate) Robert Pinsky--who I've only heard of because he guested on The Simpsons. (I know what you're thinking--"guest" shouldn't be a verb. You're right. Pretend I wrote "guest-starred.") I wrote of him in "Poet's Day"--which I read at the Chicory Cafe today.


But first, I worked very hard to revise Beltane into a second draft, so that I could begin sending out Beltane queries.

While I was online today, I read that J.K. Rowling, as part of a book tour of the U.S., told an audience in New York that Albus Dumbledore is gay. She said that he was in love with Grunewald when they were young, and that was part of the reason that Dumbledore fell in with Grunewald's fascist schemes. He was blinded by love, in other words. The audience's reaction was applause. Now, it's nowhere in the books, but the author exercised her authority and said it. So Dumbledore was gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment