Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to one and all!....Now, as for presents that I received: there was money, and chocolate, and books. I got the hardcover versions of Harry Potter books 1 and 2 (intended for Brie, really, but she already got the boxed set), and The Great Women Superheroes by Trina Robbins....

[My brother] Kevin gave me a new cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland. And one of my favorite new things: the DVD of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. We watched it when we got home tonight. It was only the second time I've seen it. It's great, but I can't help but feel that there aren't enough scenes with Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Dora Tonks. I hope that when the Half Blood Prince movie comes out, it somehow includes the beginnings of the Lupin-Tonks romance....


"Mr. Elingtin" got snacks and money, too, but no books. He got some pajama pants. Kevin gave him beer. He also got a popcorn popper, 3 toy birds with a nest and a cage (similar to the cage in which Harry Potter used to keep Hedwig--before she was tragically killed by Death Eaters!)....

"Mr. Elingtin" and I waited 'til Dad got back from Reins of Life, then went home. Then, as I mentioned, we watched Order of the Phoenix. Oh, Sirius Black, how I miss you! Now I'll have to wait until 2009 to see the Half Blood Prince movie--and I'm not looking forward to Albus Dumbledore's funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment